“Pop-up Walks” are unscheduled walks, which complement the published walks programme, and are adopted as an official WCFPS walk. This ensures that they comply with our WCFPS Manual guidelines and are covered by our insurance. There will only be one pop-up walk in any week.
Typical Pop-up walks could be:
• A new, re-opened or recently cleared path walk
• A celebration walk
• A one-way with bus back walk
• An away-day walk in East Cornwall – or “up-country”
• A week-end walk
• A path snipping walk
• A Charity walk
• A figure of 8 walk with a break in the middle giving short/long options.
• A breakfast/lunch/evening walk with an associated meal at a venue
Try to avoid:
• Being close to a scheduled walk date – allow at least one day between a scheduled walk and the pop-up walk.
• Following a similar route to a scheduled walk that is within a few weeks of the pop-up walk.
Plan your walk, then submit the form above with details to our Walks Secretary describing:
• Leader (who must be a WCFPS member)
• Grade – easy/medium/hard
• Start Point
• Special features
• Way points
• …… and pace – will the walk be “fast” – or more of a gentle stroll!
The Walks Secretary will ensure it conforms to the “Pop-up Walks Guidelines” – and approve/discuss/amend as necessary and may consult with other committee members.
The Walks Secretary’s decision is final.
The Walks Secretary will ask the Communications Officer to publish the walk and promulgate via email.
Before the walk
If you are unsure of the route – or think there may be obstructions, boggy bits, overgrown bits etc – do a recce.